CHEVALIER iTECH SERVICES LIMITED
We, Chevalier iTech Services Limited ("Chevalier") recognizes and understands that customers and website visitors are concerned about the privacy of information. Chevalier pledges to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Collection of Personal Data and Other Information
You may be invited to provide to Chevalier your personal data (including but not limited to your name, contact details and email address) on this website, on a voluntary basis for different purposes at different times. But there may be circumstances which is mandatory for you to provide your personal data in this website when it is indicated by us (such as those areas marked with asterisks in the enquiry forms) if you would like
to Chevalier to provide you with particular products and/or services. In the event that you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide Chevalier with your personal data.
If Chevalier have reasonable grounds to believe that your personal data is inaccurate, we shall either stop using such data or erase such data.
Purpose of collecting Personal Data
All the personal data provided by you to Chevalier may be used and retained by us for all or any of the following purposes:
- providing you with our products and/or services;
- the normal management, operation, and maintenance of this website;
- providing you with regular communications from Chevalier with details of specially selected offers, our products and/or services and relevant benefits and/or promotions;
- to provide you with event information and marketing materials (please refer to “Direct Marketing” below);
- providing you with the products and/or services which you have requested;
- carrying out lucky draws, games or competitions which you have entered;
- processing your order with us for purchasing our products and/or services;
- designing/importing new products and/or services or improving existing products and/or services provided by Chevalier and/or any member of Chevalier International Holdings Limited group of companies (“Chevalier Group”);
- perform data sorting and analysis in order to enable Chevalier to have better understanding on your characteristics and interests on products and/or services, so as to introduce/provide more tailor-made products and/or services to you;
- statistical analysis and/or research;
- enabling Chevalier to discharge or comply with usual practices and procedures in relation to our business sector;
- to handle and follow up enquiries, requests and complaints;
- to enforce the Terms and Conditions and other rights of Chevalier;
- investigation of complaints or suspicious transactions;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as required by law;
- other purposes related or incidental to all or any of the above purposes.
When you visit Chevalier's website, the servers of Chevalier will only collect data relating to your visits including (but not limited to) your IP address, domain name, browser type and access time but will not collect your personal data. But in some situations, you may be required to disclose or provide your personal data in the course of using this website
to in order to use our particular services and/or access to particular products. You may voluntarily choose whether to provide or disclose such personal data. Please read “Collection of Personal Data and Other Information” above for more details.
When you browse this website of Chevalier, we may use tracking mechanism, such as cookies (which are files that store information on your computer hard drive or browser which means that Chevalier may recognize that you have visited this website before), to track information about your use of Chevalier's website.
Please be aware that most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to ‘not accept' cookies by changing the settings but to do so there may be a chance that you may not be able to utilize or activate all of the functions and services of this website.
Through this tracking mechanism, we may collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time (collectively known as “Information”). The Information is used for Chevalier's research purposes. This is unrelated to and separate from your personal data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on this website.
We may also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally identifiable data from Chevalier’s website. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us to administer and improve the quality of Chevalier's website and to analyze usage of the same. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected.
Retention of Information
Chevalier will retain the Information for a period no longer than necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which they are or are to be used and is subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements.
Security of Information and Personal Data
The physical records of your personal data, if so collected, will be stored in secured places with restricted access. The electronic records of your personal data (if any) will be stored in the servers of Chevalier located in secured places and protected by adequate IT security measures. Only authorized personnel of Chevalier (who have been trained to handle your personal data properly and bound by a duty of confidentiality) will have access to these records and servers on a "need-to-know" and "need-to-use" basis.
However, no data transmission over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and privacy cannot be assured in your communications to us. You are encouraged to protect against unauthorized access to your password. You are advised to sign out from your account when finished particularly when using a shared computer.
Disclosure or transfer of Personal Data
Chevalier may engage any of the member within Chevalier Group, or engage external (i.e. outside the Chevalier Group) agents, contractors, service providers, professionals, consultants, insurers, suppliers, charitable or non-profit making organizations, reward, loyalty, co-branding and privileges programme providers to carry out and/or fulfill purposes set out under the heading “Purpose of collecting Personal Data” above and “Direct marketing” below, and perform different types of functions, for example, fulfilling orders, distribution, helping with marketing and promotions, market researches and/or surveys, data processing, providing technical services and/or supports for this websites and applications software, etc. In order to carry out and/or fulfill such purposes and perform such functions, these entities may have to be provided with access to personal data collected by Chevalier. But these entities may only limit the use of such personal data for carrying out and/or fulfilling such purposes and performing such functions and shall not use such personal data for any other purpose.
Although Chevalier will comply with the laws of Hong Kong on data protection when providing the personal data to the entities as mentioned in the above paragraph, please note that there may be possibilities that those entities are located in countries or jurisdictions outside Hong Kong. The laws governing data protection in those countries or jurisdictions may differ from the laws in Hong Kong. By your voluntary submission of personal data to Chevalier, you are consenting to the disclosure, transfer and use of your personal information outside of Hong Kong for the purposes described in this policy.
Chevalier may disclose your personal data (if any) as required by law, by any government departments, regulatory authorities, enforcement agencies and courts of competent jurisdiction. Chevalier excludes all liability for disclosure of your personal data in this manner.
Access and Correction of Information and Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to request in writing to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of Chevalier:
a. for access to your personal data held by Chevalier (if any);
b. require Chevalier to correct your personal data (if any) that is inaccurate; or
c. to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data (such withdrawal may, however, affect our services to you).
All such requests will be handled promptly in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Chevalier may charge a reasonable fee for processing your data access request.
Chevalier intend to use your personal data for direct marketing with your consent or indication of no objection.
- Chevalier intend to use the following personal data of yours for marketing goods and/or services and/or subjects mentioned in the following sub-paragraph (b) below under this heading:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your goods and services consumption pattern
- Other information which you have provided in the forms submitted through this website
- With your consent or indication of no objection, your personal data may be used for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS, or other media whether now known or available in future) in relation to the following services and/or goods and/or subjects:
- Electrical appliances and electronic products and related good, accessories and services;
- Telecommunication products and/or related goods and services;
- Computers and/or related goods and services;
- E-commerce (including but not limited to online auctions and trading and payment platforms);
- New update on our products and/or services;
- Other goods and/or services and/or products offer by other companies within Chevalier Group in relation to telecommunications and computers related goods and/or services, and e-commerce services;
- Special events hosted by Chevalier for members and/or users of this website, including but not limited to workshops and competitions;
- Promotional events, special offers or other marketing materials, including but not limited to discounts, coupons and group purchase offers;
- Reward, loyalty or privileges programs and related products and services;
- Donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purpose.
In addition to marketing of the above goods, services and/or subjects by us, we also intend to provide your personal data as stated in sub-paragraph (a) above to any member of Chevalier Group (whether in Hong Kong or aboard) for use by them in marketing those goods, services and/or subjects mentioned in sub-paragraph (b) above and we may not so provide your personal data unless we have received your written consent (including an indication of no objection) to the intended provision.
We cannot use your personal data for direct marketing purposes without your consent or indication of no objection and you may withdraw your consent at any time in writing to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of Chevalier at 22/F, Chevalier Commercial Limited, 8 Wang Hoi Road, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong or by email at email@example.com. Please note that you are entitled to provide selective consent to the kinds of personal data, the classes of marketing subjects and/or the classes of data transferees.
Links to other websites
Chevalier may provide links to other websites that are not operated by Chevalier. If you visit any of these linked websites, you should review their own privacy and other policies. We shall not be responsible for the policies and practices of such other websites and any information you submit to those websites which is subject to their own privacy policies.
Change of Control
If you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal data or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data held by Chevalier, please contact the Personal Data Privacy Officer of Chevalier at:
Chevalier iTech Services Limited
22/F, Chevalier Commercial Centre
8 Wang Hoi Road
Attention: Personal Data Privacy Officer
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This Policy has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.